20 July 2017
We’re looking for a junior designer to join our small, multidisciplinary studio. You will work with us to develop a wide range of solutions for corporate identities, websites, publications and packaging for our clients in the cultural, non-profit and corporate sectors. We’re only interested in self reliant, dynamic problem solvers who work efficiently to deliver design systems of the highest standard.
If you take every opportunity to learn. If you know that even when the requirements have been met there’s still work to be done to exceed expectations. If you are able to translate complex problems into simple solutions, then we’d like to meet you.
As much as we love hard work we want you to be able to live a full life while building your career. We believe that you will bring more insight, energy and passion to your work when you also have time to skate, surf, listen to and make music, read books, watch movies, look at art, dance and love.
We’re all about function and substance. That means being responsible. Responsible for the work you create, responsible for your own conduct, responsible to your clients and most importantly responsible to the communities you serve and the environments you and your work occupy.
We’re looking for someone who can
- foster professional relationships with our clients
- maintain a neat and ordered workspace
- do great work on small and large, portfolio and non-portfolio projects alike
- seek out their own opportunities within our studio
- display a high degree of visual literacy
- concentrate and work hard
- spot mistakes and have a great eye for detail
What we’d like to see
- A cover letter of no more than 500 words
- Digital portfolio (PDF, Bēhance, or other) that shows proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Relevant degree/diploma
- Work experience of any kind
- Minimum one year’s experience as a designer (although if you’re an exceptional recent graduate come see us)
The nitty gritty’s
- Remuneration: Negotiable Junior Salary
- Location: Parkwood, Johannesburg
- Job Level: Junior
- Type: Permanent
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org